DID YOU KNOW ...
Bananas can be mashed and used as a fat substitute.
1. Is Wake Island an American holding ?
2. What is the minimum number of Academy Awards a movie must win to capture
the coveted "Grand Slam" at the Oscars?
a. - 3
b. - 4
c. - 5
d. - 6
(Bonus ; list the categories...)
3. What company produces Alpha-Bits, Grape Nuts and Fruity Pebbles cereals ?
4. The poem, Wandered Lonely As A Cloud, deals with which flower ?
5. was the 13th amendment of the U.S.A. adopted and slavery officially
abolished in the U.S.?
a. - 1963
b. - 1864
c. - 1865
d. - 1866
6. To beat a world record set by Mats Valk of the Netherlands in March 2013,
what would you have to do in less than 5.55 seconds?
7. In the 1950 film, 'Father of the Bride', Spencer Tracy was the Father;
who was the Bride ??
a. - Grace Kelly
b. - Elizabeth Taylor
c. - Natalie Wood
d. - Eva Marie Saint
8. What actually connects the shin bone to the thigh bone?
a. - Tendons
b. - Ligaments
c. - Both
d. - Neither
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Audrey Meadows originated the role of Alice Kramden on ‘The Honeymooners”.
2. - c (Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, and Best
5. - c
6. Solve a Rubik's Cube
7. - b
8. - b
That was actress Pert Keaton !
Most people remember Pert Kelton as Ronnie Howard's and Shirley Jones'
mother in the movie 'The Music Man.' She did, however, originate the Alice
Kramden role when 'The Honeymooners' debuted as a skit on Gleason's variety
show. She could not continue with the role for two reasons: she became
suspect by the McCarthy Senate hearings and suffered a major heart attack.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi