DID YOU KNOW ...
Hundreds of years ago, people put spider webs on their wounds because they
believed it would help stop the bleeding. Scientists now know that silk
contains vitamin K, which helps reduce bleeding
1. Scarlett Johansson posed for Colin firth as Jan Vermeer in what 2003
(Hint ; G___ W___ a P_____ E_______ )
2. What Year Was It ?
The government program for preschoolers, “Head Start”, began as a summer
project in the President's “War on Poverty”...
a. – 1963
b. – 1965
c. – 1967
d. – 1969
3. Who was the 42-1 underdog who defeated Heavyweight Champion Mike Tyson
in 1990 ?
4. Fill In the Blank ;
You stay at the back of the court and make shot after shot during a lengthy
point. This is this called a ________ Rally .
5. In MLB lingo, what does “HBP” stand for ?
6. Split – Personality Dept...
Ben Wade, Inspector Javert, John Nash
7. Can you tell me the name of the world's largest food and beverage company
at the start of the 21st century?
a. - Nestlé S.A.
b. - Kellogg Co.
c. - The Coca-Cola Co.
d. - General Mills
8. Black Bun - a type of fruit cake wrapped in pastry associated with
Hogmanay - is from which country ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Spanish Explorer Vasco da Gama is best known for being the first to sail
from Europe to India by rounding Africa's Cape of Good Hope.
1. Girl with a Pearl Earring
3. Buster Douglas
5. “Hit By Pitch”
6. Russell Crowe - "3:10 to Yuma", "Les Misérables ", "A Beautiful Mind "
7. - a
He was Portuguese !
Vasco da Gama was best known for being the first to sail from Europe to
India by rounding Africa's Cape of Good Hope. Over the course of two
voyages, beginning in 1497 and 1502, da Gama landed and traded in locales
along the coast of southern Africa before reaching India on May 20, 1498.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi