DID YOU KNOW...
The Philippines is home to the World Pyro Olympics, a yearly fireworks
competition. Competitors from around the world gather to determine who can
create the best fireworks display.-
1. The Titanic had two sister ships. Name them both.
2. In old maps drafted by Europeans, what Latin phrase was used to denote
uncharted or unexplored territory?
3. Strange Words are These ... BARMBRACK
a. - The wooden beams in a barn for hanging tobacco plants to dry
b. - a currant cake or bun
c. - Allowance for a monarch's personal expenses
d. - "You made that word up! "
4. Which of these famous Jacks did NOT win an Academy Award for the movie
a.- Jack Palance - City Slickers
b. - Jack Lemmon - Mister Roberts
c. - Jack Black - School of Rock
d. - Jack Nicholson - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
5. What gas, if inhaled, makes your voice go higher?
6. "The Gingerbread Man" is a medical condition that afflicts long-distance
runners.... what is it, exactly ?
7. Roscoe P. Coltrane is a character from what hit TV series ?
8. Porky Pig had a gal pal . What was her name ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
When Mark Twain's "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" was first published,
and thirty thousand copies of the book had been printed, they had to be
hastily recalled because of an error in one of the book’s engravings, which
showed a girl’s underwear.
1. Olympic & Britannic
2. Terra Incognita
3. - b
4. - c
6. An attack of diarrhea... ("Run, run, run as fast as you can, you can't
catch me, I'm the gingerbread man")
7. 'The Dukes of Hazzard'
Worse than that.....
The "error" was the result of a last minute change made to one of the
illustrated plates by an unknown engraver, before the book went to the
printers, and after it had already been approved. Nobody knows why the
engraver did this, but when discovered, it caused an uproar. The correct
image should have been Uncle Silas Phelps and a smiling Aunt Sally talking
to a boy, with the caption underneath reading "Who do you reckon it is?".
The engraver left everything else as it was, but endowed Uncle Silas with an
extra part of his anatomy, in a state other than resting, emerging from his
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi