DID YOU KNOW...
Without the atmosphere to create a greenhouse-type effect, the average
temperature on Earth would be just 5 degrees Fahrenheit.
1. With his face badly injured during WWI, Walter Yeo became the first
person to undergo what operation?
2. Where in the body would you find the conjunctiva?
3. In paleontology, a taxon that disappears for some time from the fossil
records before reappearing later is named after what Biblical character ?
4. Who or what in the world is Bocconcini ?
a. - a Game
b. - a Composer
c. - an Appetizer
d. - a Pasta
5. What's the name shared by a cheesy 1985 movie with Jack Lemmon, a species
of penguin with a distinctive crest, and a horse that won the 1863 Epson
6. What is the difference between grey and gray in terms of color?
7. Where in the home might I find 'Ticking' ?
8. In which Disney film would I hear "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" ?
a. - 'The Princess and the Frog
b. - 'Lilo and Stitch'
c. - 'High School Musical'
d. - 'Sky High'
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
the 1950 television program, 'Your Show of Shows', starring Sid Caesar and
Imogene Coca was the very first coast-to-coast network show.
1. Plastic surgery
2. the Eye
4. - c
6. No Difference
7. Covering the mattress or pillow
8. - b
That "First" goes to "Kukla, Fran and Ollie" !!
"Kukla, Fran and Ollie" is an early American television show using puppets.
It was created for children, but soon watched by more adults than children.
It did not have a script and was entirely ad-libbed. It was broadcast from
Chicago between 1947 to 1957. Comedienne Fran Allison starred, interacting
with puppets, Kukla and Ollie (and sometimes other puppets) whose puppeteer
was the show's creator, Burr Tillstrom. The leader of the troupe was Kukla,
a sweet-natured and gentle clown who was something of a worry-wart. Oliver
J. Dragon (Ollie), atypical of traditional puppet show dragons, was a
mischievous, one-toothed dragon with a penchant for getting into trouble.
Other members of the Kuklapolitans included grand dame Madame Ophelia
Oglepuss, Stage Manager Cecil Bill (who spoke a language comprehensible only
to the other Kuklapolitans), Colonel R.H. Crackie, a debonair Southern
gentleman, floppy-eared Fletcher Rabbit, Buelah Witch (named for producer
Beulah Zachary--with the intentional misspelling), Ollie's mother Olivia
Dragon and niece Dolores, whom audiences saw grow from an noisy infant into
a typical teenage dragonette, and many others.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi