DID YOU KNOW..
Franz Joseph Haydn’s ‘Surprise Symphony’ contains a sudden, loud chord
intended to wake up any listeners who may have started to doze off ...
1. What discipline is known as "the Dismal Science"?
a. - History
b. - Economics
c. - Meteorology
d. - Quit pulling my leg.. none of these.........
2. How many wives did Napoleon Bonaparte have?
a. - 1
b. - 2
c. - 3
d. - 4
3. Increased thirst, frequent urination, fruity smelling breath, drowsiness,
loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting and stomach pains are all signs of what
common ailment ?
a. - Pancreatitis
b. - Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
c. - Graves Disease
d. - Diabetes
4. What is the name of the gumshoe hero in Raymond Chandler's novels?
5. What is the worst position the Women's Soccer team has ever finished in
the Women's World Cup ??
a. - 3rd
b. - 5th
c. - 7th
d. - 9th
6. Who played Chazz Darvey, Steve Nebraska, and Dudley Do-Right ?
a. - Sean Astin
b. - Brendan Fraser
c. - Eric McCormack
d. - Jude Law
7. In which American state can the Native American Nation of the Hopi people be found?
a. - Arizona
b. - New Mexico
c. - Both
d. - Neither
8. Which animal species is the most prevalent host for ticks in the U.S.?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Leonid Rogozov was a surgeon who was part of the 6th Soviet Antarctic
expedition in the 1960s. To survive the expedition, he had to amputate his
1. - b
2. - b
3. - d
4. Philip Marlowe
5. - a
6. - b
7. - a
He removed his own appendix !
As the only surgeon in the expedition team and with no suitable medical help
within reach, Rogozov realized he would need to take out his own appendix to
have a chance of surviving appendicitis.
He managed to do this with the help of his non-medical colleagues by
instructing them on holding lights and resuscitation methods if he should
After 2 hours he had successfully completed the operation. Only when the
instruments were cleaned and the place tidied up did he take antibiotics and
painkillers and go to sleep.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi