DID YOU KNOW...
The State of Georgia has moved its Capital to one city or another a dozen
times in its history.
1. What is a Jack-Plane ?
a. - a Trainer craft for pilots
b. - a Carpenter's Tool
c. - Neither
d. - Both
2. Who was the ruling Monarch of Great Britain in 1953 ?
3. Who was the first pitcher to have his number retired by three different
Major League Baseball teams?
a. - Sandy Koufax
b. - Nolan Ryan
c. - Cy Young
d. - Jim Lonborg
4. Name That Flick ;
Starring Marlon Brando in the title role and featuring Anthony Quinn and
Jean Peters, on a screenplay by John Steinbeck, what 1952 film told the
story of a Mexican peasant who led a revolution in the state of Morelos?
5. Which Swedish tennis player won five consecutive Wimbledon singles
6. Anne Boleyn's ghost is often seen walking around in the Tower of London :
What is she always seen carrying ?
7. Which company manufactures the M-16?
a. - Remington
b. - Colt
c. - Smith & Wesson
d. - Springfield
8. It was in Pittsburgh on Thursday, October 13, 1960. Bill Mazeroski was
the magician. What was his magic wand?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Certain species of Bamboo can grow an inch every 40 minutes.
1. - b
2. Queen Elizabeth II
3. - b
4. Viva Zapata!
5. Bjorn Borg
6. Her Head
7. - b
8. a Baseball Bat
Bamboos include some of the fastest-growing plants in the world, due to a
unique rhizome-dependent system. Certain species of bamboo can grow 910 mm
(36 in) within a 24-hour period, at a rate of almost 40 mm (1.6 in) an hour
(a growth around 1 mm every 90 seconds, or 1 inch every 40 minutes).
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi