DID YOU KNOW ...
Though it is the most difficult of the visible planets to see, Mercury's
existence has been known since ancient Sumerian times, roughly 5,000 years
1. How many post season games (minimum) does it take for a team to win the
NHL's Stanley Cup?
2. For her role in the 1952 film "Come Back, Little Sheba", who became the
last actress born in the 19th century to win an Oscar Best Actress
a. – Mae West
b. – Shirley Booth
c. – Irene Dunne
d. – Hattie McDaniel
3. What is Médecins Sans Frontières also known as?
(Hint; D______ W______ B_______ ...)
4. What is the proper name of the puzzle in which the solver enters the
numbers 1 through 9 in a 9x9 grid such that each of the numbers is different
in each row, column and 3x3 box?
5. The Pilomotor Reflex is the involuntary reaction known by which name in
a. - Hiccups
b. - Knee Jerk
c. - Goose Bumps
d. - Blinking
6. What country has won the most World Men's Curling Championships?
a. - Scotland
b. - USA
c. - Norway
d. - Canada
7. What are the three Baltic states?
8. In the "West Side Story" plotline, three people die...what are their
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Elvis made a TV commercial ; his compensation... a box of donuts !
1. – 16
2. – b
3. Doctors Without Borders
5. - c
6. - d
7. Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
8. Riff, Bernardo and Tony
In 1954, a young guitar player named Elvis Presley started performing at the
Hayride and apparently liked the Southern Maid Donuts so much, that he
agreed to make a commercial which was broadcasted during the Louisiana
Hayride. He made the ad in exchange for a box of hot glazed donuts.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi