DID YOU KNOW...
Since space is a vacuum the laser beams in 'Star Wars' would be invisible,
nor would you be able to hear the explosions.
1. Often found in medieval European monasteries, what was vellum used for?
2. Five countries once claimed part of what is now the Continental United
States : Name them...
3. I am taking a trip to South America to see the Nazca Lines. To what
country will I be going?
4. The Babel Fish was a strange character that featured in which classic
science fiction novel of the twentieth century?
a. - Dune
b. - The Martian Chronicles
c. - A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
d. - Dragon Riders of Pern
5. Complete the Ad Slogan ...
'Wouldn't you really rather have a ____________?'
6. Pittsburgh used to play their home games at Three Rivers Stadium ; what
three rivers does the name include ?
7. The Sierra Nevada mountain range is located in eastern California. What
European country also has a mountain range with the same name?
8. In which establishment would I find a " Brannock device" in use ?
a. - Doctor's Office
b. - Shoe Store
c. - Science Lab
d. - Tobacco Shop
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The imperial family of Japan Boasts the longest unbroken family empire.
1. Vellum (also called Parchment) is a writing surface
2. Russia, England, Spain, France and the Netherlands
4. - c
6. Monongahela, Allegheny, and Ohio Rivers
8. - b
The imperial family of Japan descends from an unbroken lineage of nearly
2,000 years. No other royal family in history has held its position for so
long. The first Japanese emperor, Jimmu Tennō, ruled about the time of
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi