DID YOU KNOW...
A baby octopus is the size of a flea when it’s born.
1. What is the predicted farthest aspect of our solar system?
a. - Asteroid Belt
b. - Ort Cloud
c. - Kuiper Belt
d. - Pluto's Orbit
2. It's your first move in a game of Chess ; what are the only pieces
available for your move...
3. In The UK it's called a bowler hat ; what is it known as in the USA ?
4. What is the three-letter Olympic Country Code for Spain?
a. - SPN
b. - SPA
c. - ASP
d. - ESP
5. Who emerged as the leader of the Soviet Union after Stalin's death ?
6. What sport are you playing if you're trying to sweep a rock towards the
7. In the "Merchant of Venice", what does Shylock ask for as a guarantee of
repayment of the loan to Antonio?
8. Which American author wrote the first novel to feature a black man as the
main hero of the story?
a. - Mark Twain
b. - John Howard Griffin
c. - Harriet Beecher Stowe
d. - Ralph Ellison
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
In England, From 1647 until 1660, when the law was repealed, it was illegal
to celebrate Christmas in any way.
1. - b
2. Pawns & Knights
3. a Derby
4. - d
5. Nikita Khrushchev
7. a Pound of Flesh
8. - c
Oliver Cromwell was first elected as a Member of Parliament in England in
1628. After successful military campaigns against the Royalists, he had
further campaigns in Ireland and Scotland. In 1653, he was made Lord
Protector of the newly formed Commonwealth of England and remained in this
position until his death in 1658. He was an extremely religious man and
believed that feasting and revelry on Christmas Day was immoral and so
persuaded Parliament to ban it along with all celebration of the day.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi