DID YOU KNOW...
France, since 1789, has worked its way through a total of two constitutional
monarchies, two empires, and five republics .
1. What sport are you playing if you're trying to sweep a rock towards the
2. Britain called it "The Seven Years' War" was known in America as what?
a. - The French and Indian War
b. - the American Revolution
c. - the War of 1812
d. - the French Revolution
3. What year saw the Challenger explode ?
4. What was the name of the the potential glitch in computer systems that
had people worried towards the end of the 20th century?
5. What's the first name of Gustave Flaubert's Madame Bovary?
6. Delaware - Pennsylvania - New Jersey: These were the first three American
states by order of entry to Union. Which was number four?
a. - South Carolina
b. - Maryland
c. - Georgia
d. - Connecticut
7. Fill in the Blanks ;
A triangle with two equal sides is called a(n) _________ triangle, and a
triangle with all sides equal is called a(n) ___________ triangle.
8. Which of the following foods contains the most calcium?
a. - Roast Beef
b. - Olive Oil
c. - Spinach
d. - Ice cream
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
During the Civil War, conscription laws, drafting men into military service,
were unpopular both in the Union and the Confederacy, because they favored
2. - a
3. - 1986
4. Y2K Bug
6. - c
7. Isosceles - Equilateral
8. - d
Both in the North and in the South, the various conscription laws allowed
the wealthy to avoid military service. In the North, a potential draftee
could hire a substitute to take his place. In the South, any man who owned
20 or more slaves was exempt. Soldiers greatly resented these exemptions,
and began calling the conflict, "a rich man's war and a poor man's fight."
The military draft was so unpopular that riots broke out in New York City in
July, 1863 resulting in the deaths of more than 100 people.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi