DID YOU KNOW...
Until 1877, lecturers at Oxford University were not allowed to marry, and
women were not granted degrees until 1920
1. The three closest companions, who formed a sort of 'inner circle' with
Jesus, were.... whom ?
2. Primarily used to refer to parts of the U.S. state of Louisiana, what
Choctaw word is a body of water that is typically stagnant and marshy?
3. In relation to colors appearing on their national flags, which of the
following is the odd one out?
a. - USA
b. - Italy
c. - United Kingdom
d. - France
4. George Gershwin wrote the music for a lot of unforgettable tunes. His
brother provided the lyrics. Do you remember his name?
5. Can you name the protagonist and the antagonist of Shakespeare's
"Merchant of Venice" ?
(Hint ; Antonio is neither ! )
6. What cheese is typically served on a Reuben sandwich?
7. What does the Latin phrase PER SE translate to ?
8. The rock of Gibraltar is composed of ....
a. - Granite
b. - Limestone
c. - Quartz
d. - Marble
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
In early colonial New England, Puritan beliefs shaped the first American
schools. One tenet of Puritanism was the concept of "child depravity", which
stated that all children are inherently evil, and should “Have the Devil
beaten out of them”.
1. Peter, James and John
3. - b
5. Portia and Shylock
7. 'In Itself'
8. - b
The Puritans of New England believed that all people, children included,
were born with a tendency towards evil. In their view, children were
considered particularly evil. Puritan parents were of the firm belief that
children should physically have the devil beaten out of them.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi