DID YOU KNOW...
The blob of toothpaste that goes on your toothbrush is called a “nurdle.”
1. Name That tune (1962) ;
"..................I've made up my mind,
To live in memory, of the lonesome times..."
2. Which of these plays was NOT written by Shakespeare?
a. - Timon of Athens
b. - Cymbeline
c. - Titus Andronicus
d. - Tamburlaine
3. "Dr. Strangelove" was a black comic look at the problem of nuclear
weapons. Which actor ends up "riding" the bomb?
(Hint ; S____ P______)
4. Which of the following U.S. presidents was NOT impeached?
a. - Donald Trump
b. - Richard Nixon
c. - Bill Clinton
d. - Andrew Johnson
5. What does 'URL' stand for ?
6. What's the opposite of 'Nadir' ?
7. What kind of fish is featured in 'The Old Man and the Sea'?
8. Who was the most famous voodoo queen and priestess in American voodoo
(Hint ; Bobby Bare knows !!)
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Thomas Edison invented the light bulb.
1. "I Can't Stop Loving You "
2. - d
3. Slim Pickens
4. - b
5. Universal Resource Locator
8. Marie Laveau
He improved upon it, but he did not invent it.
English scientist Sir Humphry Davy invented arc lighting many years before
Edison was even born, and many later improved on his model. In 1840, Warren
de la Rue (another Briton), enclosed a platinum coil in a vacuum tube and
passed an electric current through it, allowing the light to glow for a
longer period that Davy's carbon filament. After many experiments with metal
filaments, Edison returned to the carbon filament, demonstrating that this
could allow the light to glow for very long periods of time. This was
demonstrated in October 22nd 1879.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi