DID YOU KNOW...
The World Series was broadcast in color for the first time in 1954.
Dodgers beat the Indians in four straight.
1. How long is a professional Hockey Rink ?
b. - 150 Feet
c. - 200 Feet
d. - 250 Feet
2. How wide is a professional Hockey Rink ?
a. - 65 Feet
b. - 75
c. - 85 Feet
d. - 95 Feet
3. Do you recall the name of the Arch-nemesis of Dudley Do-right ?
4. The sea parrot is usually known by another name. What is it?
5. What does the acronym SIM, as in SIM card, stand for?
6. What is the correct spelling for the "C" word for graveyard ?
7. The baseball Little League World Series is held in what city?
8. Roger Bannister broke the 4-minute mile; By how much did he break it ?
a. - Four-Tenths of a Second
b. - Six-Tenths of a Second
c. - Eight-Tenths of a Second
d. - One Second Even
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The Baby Ruth candy bar is named for the daughter of President Grover
1. - c
2. - c
3. Snidely Whiplash
4. (Atlantic) Puffin
5. Subscriber Identity Module
7. Williamsport, Pa.
8. - b
Although the name of the candy bar sounds like the name of the famous
baseball player Babe Ruth, the Curtiss Candy Company traditionally claimed
that it was named after President Grover Cleveland's daughter, Ruth
The candy maker, located on the same street as Wrigley Field, named the bar
"Baby Ruth" in 1921, as Babe Ruth's fame was on the rise, 24 years after
Cleveland had left the White House, and 17 years after his daughter, Ruth,
The company did not negotiate an endorsement deal with Ruth, and many saw
the company's story about the origin of the name to be a devious way to
avoid having to pay the baseball player any royalties. Curtiss successfully
shut down a rival bar that was approved by, and named for, Ruth, on the
grounds that the names were too similar.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi