DID YOU KNOW...
Hawaii's Kilauea volcano is one of the world's longest erupting volcano's.
It has been erupting since January 3, 1983.
1. Aeolus was the god of what in Greek Mythology?
a. - the fields
b. - Fire
c. - the Rivers
d. - the Winds
2. Can you recall a Broadway Musical that included the song, " If I had My
3. Since 1982, what is the main metal from which the pennies are made?
(Hint ; #30 on the Table...)
4. On the TV sitcom, "Frasier", there's a character named Bulldog ; what is
the subject of Bulldog's radio show ?
5. What's the more formal name for "The River of Grass" ?
6. Martens belong to which class of animals?
a. - Reptiles
b. - Birds
c. - Mammals
d. - Fish
7. What is the longest-running Game Show on TV ?
a. – JEOPARDY
b. – Wheel of Fortune
c. – Truth or Consequences
d. – The Price is Right
8. In what film would I find a man named Brown who owned a Catalan sheepdog
named Einstein ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Ballet is a formalized form of dance with its origins in the French
Renaissance courts of 15th and 16th centuries.
1. - d
2. "Li'l Abner"
5. the Everglades
6. - c
7. - d
8. 'Back to the Future
Ballet rose to become one of the performing arts in the royal courts of
ITALY during the Renaissance period. The early steps of the dance were
simply derivations of the polite court dances of the time, and costumes were
nothing like we see on stage today during a traditional ballet performance.
Women in particular were hampered by the fact that they had to wear formal
gowns that reached right down to their dainty ankles. It would have been
difficult to achieve a high graceful leap in one such. Early ballet was also
linked by a narrative which provided the missing parts of the action - and
each new act was delivered along with a different course on the menu. This
led to many early ballet performances stretching over many hours for the
weary dancers. Over time, of course, ballet has emerged as more
professional, less elaborate, shorter, and minus the accompanying menu, and
become the displays of delicate grace, strength and beauty we see on our
Ballet spread from Italy to France with the help of Catherine de' Medici,
where ballet developed even further under her aristocratic influence
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi