DID YOU KNOW...
Light always travels at 186,000 miles per second. In one year, light can
travel 5.88 trillion miles.
1. Which of the following years takes the most digits to write in Roman
a. - 1942
b. - 1888
c. - 1788
d. - 1887
2. What does the term "marriage by proxy" mean?
3. Ecchymosis is more commonly called..... what ?
4. Who Am I ??
I am a former American and Canadian football quarterback who played
professionally for 23 seasons. I spent the majority of my playing years in
I reached a major milestone when I became the first quarterback to complete
400 passes in a season. I led the league only three times in this category,
but still was number three all-time when I retired in 2000. Who am I?
a. – I am Archie Manning
b. – I am Warren Moon
c. – I am George Blanda
d. – I am Dan Pastorini
5. Can you list the three oldest of the MLB Ball Parks ? I'll settle for
two of the three, and the third is worth a bonus...
6. In Scrabble, how much is a 'K' worth ?
7. By the way, only one word in the English language has four "K"'s , two words, if
you count its plural; can you think of it ?
(Hint; a ‘Dust Collector’, )
8. What fruit combines with a tangerine to make a tangelo?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
In England, Virginia Tobacco was so in demand that King George III issued an
order that every farmer in the colony must by law grow tobacco.
1. - b
2. Bride or Groom or both are absent
3. a Bruise
4. – b
5. Fenway Park, Wrigley Field and Dodger Stadium
6. - 5
7. Knickknack (s)
8. Pomelo or Grapefruit
Indigenous Virginia tobacco was a plant inferior to the Spanish variety
grown further south, but then one John Rolfe (Pocahontas's husband and both
of them smokers) got hold of some Trinidadian tobacco seed and tried it out.
In the rich Virginia soil it flourished and it became the cash base of the
colony for some years. It was literally worth its weight in gold. Tobacco
was so profitable that the colony's governors continually had to enforce the
cultivation of food and in fact, much food was imported.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi