DID YOU KNOW...
On May 5, 1945, Elsie Mitchell and five neighborhood children were killed in Lakeview, Ore., when a Japanese balloon they had found in the woods exploded. They were listed as the only known World War II civilian fatalities in the continental United States.
1. The Battle of Agincourt took place in 1415 in which country?
a. - England
b. - France
c. - Belgium
d. - Netherlands
2. Which two Great Lakes border Wisconsin?
3. The Four Corners is a survey point at the intersection of four U.S.
states. Which four of the Fifty make up the Four Corners ?
(Bonus; Name the Native American Tribe that owns the 'Four Corners' land
4. In music, there are many terms from the Italian to signify tempo and
tone. Which of these terms could mean 'sweetly and softly'?
a. - Molto
b. - Staccato
c. - Dolce
d. - Adagio
5. Can you name the three stars of the TV series, "Charlie's Angels ??
6. Can you list the first names of the first three First Ladies ?
7. Approximately how many centimeters in an inch?
8. Disgraced politician Rob Ford was from which country ?
a. - USA
b. - Canada
c. - Australia
d. - England
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
A day on Venus lasts longer than a year.
1. - b
2. Superior and Michigan
3. Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Utah
4. - c
5. Kate Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Jaclyn Smith
6. Martha, Abigail and Martha
7. 2 1/5 (2.54 exactly )
8. - b
It takes 243 Earth days to rotate once on its axis (sidereal day). The
planet's orbit around the Sun takes 225 Earth days, compared to the Earth's
365. A day on the surface of Venus (solar day) takes 117 Earth days.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi