DID YOU KNOW ...
The solid-iron inner core at the center of the Earth is about the size of
our Moon, surrounded by a 1,400-mile-thick outer core of liquid iron and
nickel, making the whole core roughly the size of Mars.
1. Strange Words are These ; MOROSOPH...
a. - a Small handbook
b. - Incomprehensible or pompous jargon of specialists
c. - Molding in the form of a ring
d. - a Learned Fool
2. Most people associate the name "Hammer Films" with what film genre?
a. - Westerns
b. - Horror
c. - Whodunnits
d. - Romance
3. What sort of critter is What is Oregon State University's mascot ?
a. - Terrapin
b. - Beaver
c. - Wolf
d. - Wolverine
4. Who's death am I describing ;
He was poisoned, shot four times, badly beaten and drowned ...
5. Most construction safety manuals use the abbreviation PPE; what does it
6. The miniature Roman god of love, Cupid, whom we still use to celebrate
Valentine's Day, is the counterpart of which Greek God?
7. What would be the common bond between a storage compartment, an
underground shelter and a hazard on a golf course?
8. In the 1800's it was "limelight" : what is it called today ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The largest tsunami in history occurred in 1883, when the Indonesian volcano
Krakatoa erupted. The resulting waves, one of which reached a run-up height of 133 feet , devastated the coasts of Java and Sumatra.
1. - d
2. - b
3. - b
5. Personal Protective Equipment
A tsunami with a record run-up height of 1720 feet occurred in Lituya Bay,
Alaska. On the night of July 9, 1958, an earthquake along the Fairweather
Fault in the Alaska Panhandle loosened about 40 million cubic yards (30.6
million cubic meters) of rock high above the northeastern shore of Lituya
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi