DID YOU KNOW ;
The Philadelphia Mint can make 1.8 million coins an hour, 32 million coins
per day, and 13.5 billion coins every year.
1. Who was the first African-American to win the Academy Award for Best
Original Song ?
a. Shirley Bassey
b. - Quincy Jones
c. - Isaac Hayes
d. - Ray Parker Junior
2. Name That Salad !
Romaine, parmesan, croutons, anchovies
a. - Caprese Salad
b. - Caesar Salad
c. - Chopped Salad
d. - Chef's Salad
3. Name That Broadway Show !
Ex-window-washer now chairman of World Wide Wicket Company".
4. What layer is immediately below the Earth's crust?
5. The blizzard falls so thickly one cannot see anything. What's the name
for this weather condition?
6. Which of these is not a way to administer vitamin B12?
a. - oral capsule or tablet
b. - injection
c. - eye drops
d. - sublingual dots or liquid
7. What is the name given to a twelve-sided polygon?
8. In the lyrics of "The Chipmunk Song" what does Alvin say he wants for
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
the QWERTY keyboard arrangement for typewriters, which is still used today
for computers, WAS devised to keep metal typing arms from jamming .
1. - c
2. Romaine, parmesan, croutons, anchovies
3. How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
4. the Mantle
6. - c
8. a Hula Hoop
By the 1870's, American printer Christopher Latham Sholes had patented a
"type writing machine" that had keys actuating metal arms with letters that
struck the paper out of the operator's view. Thus jams were common, and not
easily discovered. Sholes experimented with rearranging the letters so that
common letter combinations were spaced apart. While typing those
combinations was slowed down slightly, this had the desired effect of
speeding up overall typing speed, with fewer jams. Sholes' invention
eventually led to the very popular Remington typewriter.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi