DID YOU KNOW...
"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer", "White Christmas", "Let It Snow, Let It
Snow, Let It Snow" "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", "Santa Clause
is Coming to Town", "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"and "Silver
Bells" were all written by people of the Jewish faith.
1. What kind of car did Thelma and Louise travel in ?
2. It's New Year's Eve. You're standing in "Underground" waiting for the
"Peach Drop". In what city are you?
a. - New Haven
b. - San Francisco
c. - Atlanta
d. - Savannah
3. English Leather, a cologne company, has a logo in the form of what?
4. What kind of cat was Tao from the story "Incredible Journey"?
5. What is the name of a portable cradle for a baby, often made of straw or
6. When making a Tarte Tatin, what is the traditional fruit used ?
a. - Apples
b. - Peaches
c. - Cherries
d. - Strawberries
7. Who is the head of the Church of England ?
8. In which song did Peter Gabriel sing, "You could have a steam train, if
you'd just lay down your tracks. You could have an aero plane flying, if you
bring your blue sky back. All you do is call me. I'll be anything you
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
At the dedication of the Hoover Dam on September 10, 1935, President
Hoover's speech was over two hours long. Most of the crowd of dignitaries
had drifted away before it ended.
1. Thunderbird convertible
2. - c
3. A Saddle
5. Moses Basket
6. - a
7. The Monarch
Hoover wasn't even invited to the ceremony !
President Roosevelt gave a speech during the ceremony and not once mentioned
Hoover's name. He, and most others as well, called it Boulder Dam, even
though it wasn't built in Boulder Canyon and was officially Hoover Dam, as
named by the Department of the Interior in 1930. Because of Hoover's
unpopularity at the time, President Roosevelt and many other government
officials intentionally referred to the dam as Boulder Dam until 1947, when
Congress affirmed that it is to be called Hoover Dam.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi