DID YOU KNOW...
The largest U.S. bill ever in circulation was the $10,000 bill, which was
issued until 1945.
As of May 30, 2019, only 336 of these large bills have been known to
1. Who is the Roman equivalent of the Greek Hephaestus, a blacksmith and god
of the forge?
2. In what year did Hawaii become a State ?
3. In what musical would you hear the lyrics, "You've gotta have heart, all
you really need is heart"?
a. - My Fair Lady
b. - Guys and Dolls
c. - Hello Dolly
d. - Damn Yankees
4. Ad Campaign Dept ;
"Between love and madness lies..." what ??
5. Which tennis player sought political asylum in the USA in 1975, after
defecting from Eastern Europe?
6. In Japan, members of what profession live in traditional areas called
"hanamachi" within houses called "okiya"?
7. Which of the Fifty is nick-named "The Old Dominion State" ?
8. Henry VIII had four officially recognized children; name three of them
Bonus; Name the fourth...)
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Although there are multiple theories on the subject, the true origin of the
name “China” is lost to history.
2. - 1959
3. - d
5. Martina Navratilova
8. Henry, Edward, Mary, Elizabeth
The modern word “China” most likely derives from the name of the Qin
(pronounced “chin”) dynasty. First Emperor Qin Shi Huang (260-210 B.C.) of
the Qin dynasty first unified China in 221 B.C., beginning an Imperial
period which would last until A.D. 1912.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi