DID YOU KNOW...
There is an opposite of albino animals, which aren’t white, but black. These
are known as Melanistic animals.
1. Who was the shark's final victim in "Jaws" (1975)?
2. Where are many of the Titanic casualties buried ?
3. If I were to tell you that a certain species of animal was known as a
"Lazarus" species, what would I be telling you?
4. Which common journalism phrase originated from the American Civil War and
prisoner internment camps with a very literal meaning?
5. "The End", by The Beatles, appeared on which of the band's albums?
6. Which U.S. city was the first to have a National Hockey League franchise?
a. - Detroit
b. - Pittsburgh
c. - Chicago
d. - Boston
7. What did singer Little Jimmy Dickens want the Bird of Paradise to do in
the 1965 hit novelty song?
8. They were called Elevator Operators in the USA ; what were they called in
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Before he published "Don Quixote", Miguel de Cervantes went to prison for
1. Quint (Robert Shaw)
2. Halifax, Nova Scotia, where they washed up ...
3. That it is no longer considered extinct.
5. Abbey Road
6. - d
7. fly up your nose
8. Lift Attendants
He went to prison , alright , but not for that ....
Cervantes was the son of a surgeon, who had an interesting litany of jobs
before he wrote his most famous novel "Don Quixote". In 1569, he went to
Rome and worked as a chamber assistant to a cardinal. He later enlisted in
the Spanish Navy, and was captured by pirates, with whom he spent five years
in captivity. He then worked as a purchaser for the Spanish Armada and a tax
collector for the Spanish government. It was at this time that his accounts
were looked over, and several discrepancies found due to his embezzlement of
funds, something not exactly uncommon during the time. It is said that the
idea for "Don Quixote" came to Cervantes while he was in prison.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi