DID YOU KNOW...
Very First Home Run hit in the brand new Yankee Stadium was hit by....
Casey Stengel !
1. Strange Words are These ;
a LAPAROTOMY is performed on your
a. - Heart
b. - Spine
c. - Skull
d. - Abdomen
2. What are baby rabbits called?
3. In the film, 'Dances With wolves', what does John Dunbar name one of the
wolves, because of its coloring ?
4. Can you name the singing sisters, Louise, Irlene and Barbara ??
5. Where in the USA can you find a large population of Reticulated Pythons
living in the wild ?
6. Do you remember the Fictional Gulliver's first name ?
7. The Norman conquest of England occurred on October 14 in which year?
8. What's the full name of the owner of Mr. Ed, the talking horse ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Poodle comes from the German for ‘Splash in Water’.
1. - d
3. Two Socks
4. the Mandrell Sisters
5. the Everglades
7. - 1066
8. Wilbur Post
The British Kennel Club states that the breed originates in Germany, as do
the American Kennel Club and the Canadian Kennel Club, stating: "Despite the
Poodle’s association with France, the breed originated as a duck hunter in
Germany..." The French name Caniche comes from the word cane (the female of
the duck) since this type of breed was used as a water retriever mainly for
duck hunting thanks to its swimming ability
The Oxford English Dictionary and the American Heritage Dictionary both
trace the etymology of Poodle to the German Pudel, which itself comes from
Pudelhund. The word Pudel in turn comes from Low German pud(d)eln meaning
"[to] splash in water," cognate with the English word puddle.
The Poodle is ranked second most intelligent dog breed just behind the
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi