DID YOU KNOW ...
Mr. Snufffleupagus’ first name is Aloysius.
1. What word refers to someone who does not believe it is possible to prove
whether there is a God?
2. What is the prehistoric ancestor of the Great White Shark known as?
3. What name was given to the fossilized remains of Homo erectus found in
China in 1923?
4. What's the name of the district in Amsterdam where prostitution is legal
5. Name the actress who played the steamy love scene on a beach with Burt
Lancaster in 'From Here To Eternity'...
6. Which city's air pollution nearly cost a bid for the 2008 Summer Olympic
7. How many days passed between Apollo 11's Moon Walk and Apollo 12's Moon
a. - 124
b. - 184
c. - 244
d. - 304
8. How many children did Czar Nikolai II, the last Czar of Russia, and
Czarina Alexandra have?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Ice cream sodas (or ice cream floats) were once banned in America on Sundays
and holy days.
3. Peking Man
4. Red Light District
5. Deborah Kerr
7. - a
8. - 5
Ice cream sodas (or ice cream floats) were once banned in America on holy
days. An alternative dish made with sauce, a cherry and sometimes other
toppings became known as the sundae as it could be served on Sundays. The
sundae was new and interesting at the time as the sauce was served as a
topping rather than a way of making flavored ice cream.
Two Rivers, Wisconsin, claims it was the site of the first sundae. This
claim dates back to 1881 when the druggist Edward Berner poured sauce over
ice cream after being asked to do so by a customer (George Hallauer). Due to
Hallauer's enjoyment of the dish, Berner began to advertise "ice cream with
syrup" in his shop for a nickel and it soon became very popular.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi