DID YOU KNOW...
Sweden has an interesting tradition at wedding receptions. If the groom has
to leave the room for any reason all the men line up to kiss the bride.
Likewise if the bride has to leave the room the women line up to kiss the
1. In literature, what does it mean when you encounter a "fig-leaf edition"
of a novel or other work?
2. What is the tall white hat worn by chefs called ?
3. Which U.S. 1960s quarterback's autobiography had the title, "I Can't Wait
Until Tomorrow...'Cause I Get Better Looking Everyday"?
4. Which capital of the three Scandinavian countries of Denmark, Norway and
Sweden lies farthest south?
5. Over the course of the 20th century, per capita consumption in the U.S.
of what beverage dropped from 34 gallons per year to less than 23 gallons
a. - Coffee
b. - Soda
c. - Tea
d. - Milk
6. Who or what are Gallinules, Pratincoles and Phalaropes?
a. - Mammals
b. - Birds
c. - Butterflies
d. - Flowers
7. In the 1960 film "The Time Machine" George travels to the future (year
802701). There he finds two races of people. What were they called ?
8. In the film, "Bubba Ho-Tep" Bruce Campbell plays which rock and roll
star, believed to be dead?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The cartoon barnyard character Foghorn Leghorn was based on a real
U.S.Senator, the verbose Mildred Claghorn of Missouri. The character
Senator Fogbound of "Lil' Abner" fame, was also loosely based on Senator
1. It was censored to alter words or ideas
3. Joe Namath
5. - d
6. - b
7. Eloi and Morlock
8. Elvis Presley
Well first of all, there has never been a Senator Claghorn...
Foghorn Leghorn is a cartoon character who was based on Senator Claghorn, a
verbose character on the Fred Allen radio show of the 1940's. Many of
Foghorn's statements came from this comedic performance by Kenny Delmar.
Henery Hawk is the true spelling of Foghorn's little farmyard chicken hawk
friend. He was voiced from 1946-1966 by the famous Mel Blanc. George P. Dog
is also known as Barnyard Dawg - he was a basset hound that Forghorn loved
to torment. Miss Prissy is a spinster chicken who lives in Foghorn's
barnyard and has "set her cap" at him. She was also voiced by Mel Blanc.
As for Senator Fogbound, I can find no record of the character being based
on anyone, although Al Capp did say that many of the strip's characters were
based on family members, most notably Mammy and Pappy Yoakam, modeled after
his own parents.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi