DID YOU KNOW....
In World War II the average age of the combat soldier was 26... In Vietnam
he was 19.
1. What area of the brain controls body temperature, sexual drive, appetite
and overall activity of the pituitary gland?
a. - Thalamus
b. - Hypothalamus
c. - Occipital lobe
d. - Parietal lobe
2. If England were a clock face, where would I find Wales ?
a. - 2:00
b. - 4:00
c. - 8:00
d. - 10:00
3. The Nautilus was America's first Nuclear Submarines, as everybody knows,
but who knows what the second one was ??
a. - Scorpion
b. - Seawolf
c. - Skate
d. - Triton
4. Jesus says, in the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 6:24), "You cannot serve
both God and Mammon". Who or what is Mammon?
5. What's the more common term for Naupathia ?
6. You are looking into buying a new computer monitor or television, and
it's described as having a 24-inch screen. To what does the "24-inch" refer?
7. Translate "Blank Check" to the French...
8. We are all aware of the significance of a man getting a "Dear John"
letter...... what's it called if a man send it to his girlfriend ??
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Scholars tell us that, of the European languages, Belgian is the most
difficult for an English speaking student to master.
1. - b
2. - c
3. - b
4. Personification of greed for wealth
6. Screen's diagonal dimension
7. Carte Blanche
8. a "Dear Joan" letter
There is no language called Belgian (or a similar derivation); in Belgium
they primarily speak Dutch and French.
Estonian, Finnish and Hungarian are the classical "hard" languages .
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi