DID YOU KNOW...
Restaurants we've seen on 'The Simpsons' ;
Hillside Wrangler Steakhouse, Texas Cheesecake Depository, Much Ado About Muffins, the Taj-Ma-All You Can Eat, Pudding on the Ritz and T>G>I. Fried Eggs
1. What ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918?
2. Whoopie Goldberg, Mel Brooks,Audrey Hepburn and Marvin Hamlish are all
What is that , exactly ?
3. What in the world is a LUNULA ?
(Hint; Look at your hand...)
4. The ship "Essex" was charged and sunk by what type of whale?
5. In the U.S.A. an important person might be called a "big shot" or a "big
cheese" whilst in Britain they still might use the old-fashioned term a
6. If you sailed from the Rock of Gibraltar due south, in what country would
you make landfall ?
7. When Lawrence Welk was just another member of the band, what instrument
did he play ?
a. - Accordion
b. - Piano
c. - Clarinet
d. - Trombone
8. The old adage, "Six for a man, seven for a woman, and eight for a fool"
refers to what ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
In 1926, the federal government poisoned alcohol to curb consumption during Prohibition; by the time Prohibition ended in 1933, an estimated 10,000 people had died from this poisoning.
1. World War One
2. They've all won all four of the following awards: Emmy; Grammy; Oscar,
3. the moon-shape at the base of your fingernail, which forms the root of
4. Sperm Whale
7. - a
8. Hours of Sleep
TRUTH /CRAP !
Gotta swing both ways on this one !
What's TRUTH ;
When the manufacture and sale of alcohol was illegal between 1920 and 1933, regulatory agencies encouraged measures making industrial alcohol undrinkable, including the addition of lethal chemicals.
What's CRAP ;
The government did not poison supplies of alcohol meant for human consumption, nor did it intentionally aim to kill those who drank the tainted products.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi