DID YOU KNOW....
The giant inflatable rat that shows up at union protests has a
1. What sport is the only one to use a piece of equipment called a cesta?
2. Credited with some 545 titles during his writing career, this writer has
been sometimes called the most prolific author the world has ever known.
Who is he ?
a. - Thomas Hardy
b. - William Shakespeare
c. - Daniel Defoe
d. - Rudyard Kipling
3. In which country was Island Records founded?
4. Who was the first U.S. President to have a middle name ?
5. Fill in the Blank...
The ___ Arrows are the Royal Air Force's world famous aerobatic display
6. To what country must I travel to visit Karachi ?
7. "Red by black friend of Jack. Red by yellow kill a fellow." This rhyme was used to help identify a certain deadly snake ; which one ?
8. Most rockers know Sammy Hagar for being the former lead singer of what band ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Alfred Nobel invented dynamite ; his father invented plywood.
1. Jai Alai
2. - c
4. John Quincy Adams
7. Coral Snake
8. Van Halen
A form of plywood was manufactured around 3500 BC by the Ancient Egyptians,
by gluing together multiple layers of inferior quality wood; and faced with
higher quality wood on both sides. What we know as plywood today was
invented by Immanuel Nobel who realized that by adhering several thin layers
(veneers) of wood together, he could produce a very strong and durable, yet
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi