DID YOU KNOW...
The average depth of the world's oceans equals the height of about 8 empire
state buildings deep (2.2 miles). - Greatest Depth ; 10,994 meters (36,070
feet [ 6.8 miles])
1. Rocker Steve Winwood, of Spencer Davis Group and Traffic, as well as a
solo career, was born where ?
a. - Canada
b. - USA
c. - Bermuda
d. - England
2. In English depictions of the grim reaper, what farm implement is he
(Correct Spelling, Please)
3. What character from Greek mythology, known for his striking good looks,
was killed by a boar?
4. Who was older, Cain or Abel ?
5. In which of the following organs can you find cells known as hepatocytes?
a. - Liver
b. - Kidney
c. - Spleen
d. - Pancreas
6. Which branch of mathematics uses sine, cosine and tangent?
7. Name the pale yellow seedless grape used for raisins and wine...
8. Strange Words are These ; ARCHITEUTHIS ...
a. - Giant Otter
b. - Giant Heron
c. - Giant Anteater
d. - Giant Squid
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
On May 25, 1935, Jesse Owens set 4 different world records in 45 minutes.
1. - d
2. a Scythe
5. - a
8. - d
Jesse Owens annoyed Adolf Hitler by winning 4 Gold Medals at the 1936 Berlin
A year earlier, he had a remarkable afternoon at the Big Ten
Inter-Collegiate Championships in Ann Arbor, Michigan. His afternoon didn't
start off too well when he hurt his back playing a game of football. But it
got better at 3:15pm when he set a new world record in the 100-yard dash of
9.4 seconds. At 3:29, he set a new world Long Jump record of 26ft, 8 1/4
inches, and 11 minutes later, he also had the new world record for the
220-yard dash under his belt at 20.3 secs. He finished a frantic 3/4 of an
hour off by setting his fourth world record of the day, running the 220-yard
hurdles in 22.6 secs.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi