DID YOU KNOW...
In 1963, major league baseball pitcher Gaylord Perry remarked, "They'll put
a man on the moon before I hit a home run." On July 20, 1969, an hour after
Neil Armstrong set foot on the surface of the moon, Perry hit is first, and
only, home run while playing for the San Francisco Giants.
1. Who was James Dean's leading lady in "Rebel Without a Cause"?
2. Which journalist served 17 months in jail for writing a fake
autobiography of Howard Hughes?
3. The anatomical name for the shoulder blade is the ..... what ?
4. What symbol is utilized in an English interrogative sentence?
5. "For Whom the Bell Tolls" is an Ernest Hemingway novel which is based
during, and inspired by, which war?
a. - WWI
b. - WWII
c. - Spanish Civil War
d. - Crimean War
6. While we're on the subject of war;
What were the names of the five beach heads during the Normandy Invasion or
7. What was the title of Harper Lee's second novel ?
8. Which country has eight of the world's ten tallest mountains?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The largest recorded earthquake of the 20th century occurred in 1960. Known
as "1960 Valdivia Earthquake, which killed people in Chile, Hawaii and the
1. Natalie Wood
2. Clifford Irving
4. a Question Mark
5. - c
6. Omaha, Utah, Gold, Juno and Sword
7. "Go Set a Watchman"
The earthquake's magnitude of 9.5 was recorded by the U.S. Geological
Survey. Since it occurred off the coast of Chile in the Pacific Ocean, the
greatest damage came from the tsunamis created by the underwater earthquake.
The tsunamis had far reaching effects. People living as far away as the
Philippines and Hawaii were killed by the waves. The cost of the cleanup was
estimated to be between $400 and $800 million, $3 to $6 billion in today's
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi