DID YOU KNOW...
Studies show that yoga reduces the risk of heart disease by improving
arterial flow. Similarly, studies show that yoga also helps treat diabetes,
high blood pressure, and asthma. -
1. This coarse, heavy rye bread is slightly sweet and is usually made of rye
flour and rye berries. It is called what?
2. There are eight quality grades of U.S. beef; the top three are Prime,
Choice and select. Name the bottom three grades...
3. What did Alessandro Volta invent ?
4. How long is Mercury's orbital period? (In Earth Days)
a. - 78 Days
b. - 88 Days
c. - 98 Days
d. - 108 Days
5. In 2013 more than half of all new cases of leprosy were recorded in which
a. - India
b. - Bangladesh
c. - Indonesia
d. - Malaysia
6. There have been seven victims of "The Curse of Tecumseh".... Name four
(Bonus; Name them all !)
7. In Middle Eastern mythology, what was the name of the gigantic bird of
prey who could snatch up elephants?
8. North Korea borders on Russia ; how long is that border
a. - 11 Miles
b. - 111 miles
c. - 211 Miles
d. - 311 Miles
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
There are about 60 volcanoes in the U.S.A. that are considered Active.
2. Utility, Cutter and Canner
3. The Modern Battery
4. - b
5. - a
6. 1840: William Henry Harrison, Pneumonia (1841)
1860: Abraham Lincoln, Assassination (1865)
1880: James Garfield, Assassination (1881)
1900: William McKinley, Assassination (1901)
1920: Warren Harding, Heart Attack, Stroke, Possible Assassination (1923)
1940: Franklin D. Roosevelt, Cerebral Hemorrhage (1945)
1960: John F. Kennedy, Assassination (1963)
7. The Roc
8. - a
There are more than 160 active volcanoes in the United States, according to
the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). Whether any will erupt soon, like Kilauea
did in Hawaii on Thursday, is hard to tell until a few days or weeks in
"It's really difficult to predict, because those volcanoes are relatively
quiet until they start to activate an eruption," said Ben Edwards, a
volcanologist and professor of earth sciences at Dickinson College in
Experts know that certain volcanoes, such as ones in Alaska, erupt often:
sometimes multiple times per year. Since they're in remote areas, they don't
usually don't pose a threat to the public, though they can cause disruptions
to the aviation routes above them.
Volcanoes in more populous areas like the ones in the Cascade Mountains
that weave through northern California, Oregon and Washington pose much
less of a threat.
There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.
― Mahatma Gandhi