DID YOU KNOW...
Ancient Greeks used beets to treat a wide range of ailments, such as
headaches, constipation, toothaches, wounds, and skin problems. In fact,
beets were so highly regarded that they were often used as an offering to
the god Apollo.
1. Strange Words are These ; ACATHEXIA ...
a. - the application of plaster
b. - a state of fury so great the face becomes discolored
c. - the bodily process of discharging waste matter
d. - an inability to retain bodily secretions
2. What show is the tune, "Everything's Coming Up Roses" come from ?
a. - Gypsy
b. - Meet Me In St Louis
c. - Easter Parade
d. - No No Nanette
3. Who Said That ??
"Nine children in seventeen years. I hope that Albert is satisfied now."
4. What kind of pie is spanakopita?
a. - Mince
b. - Lamb
c. - Spinach
d. - Egg
5. Which one of these famous comedy actors was NOT born in Canada?
a. - Jerry Seinfeld
b. - Mike Myers
c. - Michael J. Fox
d. - Martin Short
6. Name the two songs involved in the copyright infringement suit against
7. In 1895, Dr. John Harvey Kellogg patented a process for creating what ,
as a Protein source for people without teeth ??
a. - Cocoa Butter
b. - Almond Butter
c. - Peanut Butter
d. - All of These
8. Where did the 1968 massacre of Vietnamese civilians by American soldiers
TRUTH OR CRAP ?
The first female CEO in the USA was in 1876.
1. - d
2. - a
3. Queen Victoria
4. - c
5. - a
6. "He's So Fine" & "My Sweet Lord"
7. - c
8. My Lai
Bissell Inc. was started by Melville Bissell when he took out a patent on
his early carpet sweeping machine. After his death in 1889, his wife Anna
Sutherland Bissell become CEO of the company. Prior to this she was the top
salesperson for Bissell.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi