Belay that last mix-up today, so you get a bonus round and a freebie on #8...
7/23 Bonus round
DID YOU KNOW...
An X-ray on the spine is equivalent to 6 months of exposure to naturally
occurring background radiation. A CT on the spine is equivalent to 2 years'
1. To what country must I travel to scale Mount Ararat, in search of Noah's
2. What was Phyllis Diller's pet name for her husband ?
3. Who was/is referred to as "America's oldest teenager" ?
4. One of the most well known female vocalists in Canada and the US in the
1990's and the power and motivation behind Lilith Fair. Who is she?
5. The "One Thousand and One Nights" (often called "The Arabian Nights") are
tales told by the Persian Queen Scheherazade. For what purpose did she
create these stories?
6. Which liquor, used in making a Harvey Wallbanger, is named after an
Italian Army Colonel?
a. - Grand Marnier
b. - Galliano
c. - Drambuie
d. - Glen Fiddich
7. In Merry Olde England this profession was called "Dustman" ; what do we
call it ?
8. The musical "Kinky Boots" won six Tony Awards for the 2013 season; among
those was Best Original Score. With that win a certain pop/rock icon became
the first woman to win it as a solo composer. Who was she?
a. - Carol King
b. - Cher
c. - Cyndi Lauper
d. - Natalie Imbruglia
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Isaac Newton, Annie Lennox, Justin Trudeau, Clara Barton, Humphrey Bogart,
Cab Calloway, Jimmy Buffett and Eric Gordon were all born on New Year's Day.
3. Dick Clark
4. Sarah McLachlan
5. To Save Her Life
6. - b
7. a Garbage Collector
8. - c
They were all born on Christmas Day.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi