DID YOU KNOW...
Henry VIII never consummated his marriage to Anne of Cleves.
He was known to blame this fact on her body odor.
Could be that fact was lucky for Anne, as her marriage to Henry was
annulled, rather than simply "cut off".
1. In what language is "al" commonly used to mean "the"?
a. - Arabic
b. - Dutch
c. - Spanish
d. - Turkish
2. There have been many cinematic depictions of the sinking of the Titanic.
What is the title of the British-made 1958 version starring Kenneth More and
Ronald Allan that purists say is the truest to actual events?
3. Which singer was Kris Kristofferson married to?
4. In 1924, Edith Cummings became the first woman athlete to appear on the
cover of "Time Magazine".
What was her Sport ?
a. - Swimming
b. - Tennis
c. - Golf
d. - Figure Skating
5. Famous for the movie named after it, where is the city of Casablanca?
6. What would you do with a Snood ?
a. - Feed It
b. - Wear It
c. - Eat It
d. - Ride in It
7. Curt Shilling was the first pitcher to win 20 games in a season for what
a. - Phillies
b. - Red Socks
c. - Diamondbacks
d. - Orioles
8. What is the more formal name for 'Fool's Gold' ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Bandleader Fred Waring invented the blender that bears his name.
1. - a
2. ' A Night to Remember'
3. Rita Coolidge
4. - c
6. - b (It's a Hair Net)
7. - c
8. Iron Pyrite
He didn’t invent it, but he backed it financially.
Fredrick Malcolm Waring Sr. (June 9, 1900 – July 29, 1984) was a musician,
bandleader, and radio and television personality, sometimes referred to as
"America's Singing Master" and "The Man Who Taught America How to Sing". He
was also a promoter, financial backer and eponym of the Waring Blender, the
first modern electric blender on the market.
1922 - Stephen Poplawski of Racine invents and patents a blender for use in mixing malted milk drinks.
1936 - Inventor Fred Osius, Poplawski's colleague, approaches Fred Waring to seek support for his own "disintegrating mixer." Waring helps perfect the blender.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi