DID YOU KNOW...
More than 14 percent of the world's population speaks Mandarin Chinese as a
first language; 5 percent of the world's population speaks English as a
1. Strange Words are These ; CARRAGEENAN ...
a. - a Food additive from Carrots
b. - a Food additive from Seaweed
c. - a Food additive from Soybeans
d. - a Food additive from Bovidae (Hooves)
2. Complete the Poetic Line ;
"Stone walls do not a prison make________________"
(Hint; 5 words...)
3. What was Groucho Marks' more formal first name ?
4. Which, do you think, was Dr. Seuss' best - selling book ?
a. - Green Eggs and Ham
b. - the Cat in the Hat
c. - Horton Hears a Who
d. - "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish"
5. Who remembers "Our Miss Brooks" ? Who remembers who played
Connie Brooks ?
a. - Gale Storm
b. - Eve Arden
c. - Gale Gordon
d. - Marjorie Bennett
(Bonus; What subject did Miss Brooks teach ?)
6. Another memory.... What did Dracula refer to as "the Children of the
Night " ??
a. - his Vampire concubines
b. - Bats
c. - Wolves
d. - His victims, who become vampires
7. What are the three herbs that make up a traditional "Bouquet Garni" ?
8. Who was the opening act at the 1969 Woodstock Music Festival ?
a. - Jimmi Hendrix
b. - Ravi Shankar
c. - Arlo Guthrie
d. - Richie Havens
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The music to the (1958) Tommy Edwards hit, "It's All in the Game", was
written by a sitting Vice-President of the United States.
1. - b
2. "......Nor iron bars a cage..."
4. - a
5. - b (English)
(Interesting note- Gene Barry's first TV role - he played a Gym teacher)
6. - c
7. Parsley, Bay and Thyme
8. - d
..... but only because the author wasn't yet Vice President ...
"It's All in the Game" is a pop song whose most successful version was
recorded by Tommy Edwards in 1958. Carl Sigman composed the lyrics in 1951
to a wordless 1911 composition titled "Melody in A Major," written by
Charles G. Dawes, later Vice President of the United States under Calvin
Coolidge. It is the only No. 1 single in the U.S. to have been co-written by
a U.S. Vice President or a Nobel Peace Prize laureate (Dawes was both).
The song has become a pop standard, with cover versions by dozens of
artists, some of which have been minor hit singles.
Edwards' song ranked at No. 47 on the 2018 list of The Hot 100's All-Time
Top 600 Songs.
Bad men need nothing more to accomplish their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.
― John Stuart Mill