DID YOU KNOW...
Kentucky has the highest rate of smokers (28.7%) in the U.S., while Utah
(11.5%) has the lowest .
1. What part of the world is home to the tsetse fly?
a. - South America
b. - Africa
c. - Asia
d. - All of the Above
2. Which of the listed US state capitals is located west of the Mississippi
a. - Frankfort
b. - Charleston
c. - Montpelier
d. - Jefferson City
3. Strange Words are These; COLUMBARY...
a. - a Building with no walls, roof supported by a series of Columns
b. - a Collection of Books
c. - A Pigeon Coop
d. - a Stone Alter, usually outdoors
4. Which fictional doctor, created by Robert Louis Stevenson, said, "Man is
not truly one, but truly two"?
5. The lyrics of which famous American holiday song mention a girl named
Miss Fanny Bright and getting "upsot" in a snowdrift?
6. In Canadian lingo, what is a "Toonie"
7. The Ganges River empties into what body of water?
8. Located in Washington, DC, what is known as "The Nation's Attic"?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
California's Golden Gate Park is larger than New York's Central Park .
1. - b
2. - d
3. - c
4. Dr. Henry Jekyll
5. 'Jingle Bells' **
6. A 2-dollar-coin
7. Bay of Bengal
8. The Smithsonian Institution
The Golden Gate Park has been compared to New York's Central Park, but is
20% bigger. It features botanical gardens, Stow Lake and a conservatory of
flowers--just to name a few of the sights to see.
As a Matter of fact, there are five parks in NYC that are larger than
They are; Flushing Meadows-Corona Park, Van Cortlandt Park, Staten Island
Greenbelt, Freshkills Park and Pelham Bay Park .
McDowell Sonoran Preserve in Scottsdale (AZ) is the largest city park in the
United States by a long shot, spanning over 30,500 acres.
A day or two ago
I thought I'd take a ride
And soon, Miss Fanny Bright
Was seated by my side
The horse was lean and lank
Misfortune seemed his lot
He got into a drifted bank
And then we got upsot
Bad men need nothing more to accomplish their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.
― John Stuart Mill