DID YOU KNOW ...
The world's first nuclear reactor was built in a squash court beneath a
Chicago football stadium on December 2, 1942. While it only generated enough
power to light a flashlight, it proved that nuclear power was feasible. -
1. From which meat was the German dish of sauerbraten originally made?
2. Pardon the Pun !
It was a gamble, but zookeepers found which type of animal after searching a
3. The Catholic tradition of not eating meat on Friday harkens back to what
historic event ?
4. How do you say 'Pink' in French ?
a. - Rouge
b. - Rose
c. - Gris
d. - Jaune
5. Name That Actor !
Lucius Fox, Ned Logan, Detective William R. Somerset, Ellis "Red" Redding
(Bonus ; Name the films...)
6. Which biblical book has the most chapters?
a. - Numbers
b. - Genesis
c. - Judges
d. - Psalms
7. What does the term ' Carte blanche' translate to in English ?
8. 'Nori', a Japanese food item, is what, exactly ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The country with the highest population of Camels in the wild is Mongolia .
2. a Cheetah
3. the Crucifixion of Christ
4. - b
5. Morgan Freeman (The Dark Knight, Unforgiven, Se7en, Shawshank Redemption)
6. - d
7. 'Blank Document' (sometimes translated as a blank check(although the
French for blank check is "un cheque en blanc"),
Australia has the world's largest herd of wild camels and their population
is estimated to be about 3,00,000, spread across 37 per cent of the
Australian mainland. Fed up with its camels, Australia has declared them to
be a "pest" and treats them as an alien invasive species that must be
urgently stopped from spreading.
The most widely used method to check their population is aerial culling in
which thousands of wild camels are shot down by snipers using helicopters.
Around 2012, Australia was gunning down about 75,000 camels every year.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi