DID YOU KNOW...
Furbies were banned from the National Security Agency's Maryland
headquarters in 1999. It was feared the toys might repeat national security
1. Which of these events did NOT occur in 1948?
a. - The Great Brinks Robbery took pace
b. - Nation of Israel established
c. - Mahatma Gandhi assassinated
d. - World Health Organization established
2. In the days when pirates ruled the seas, what was a "Piece of Eight" ?
3. What two world leaders survived assassination attempts in 1981?
4. Honored with the consumption of baked desserts, what day is celebrated by
geeks around the world on March 14th?
5. Which Latin term would you want to take into consideration if you have
just entered into a contract with a seller? (Two Words - C.E.)
6. Which American president coined the term "axis of evil" ?
(Bonus; Name the countries included in the Axis...)
7. "Gasohol" is made up of gasoline and a second component. What is the
8. In what year did the Chernobyl nuclear disaster take place?
a. - 1982
b. - 1984
c. - 1986
d. - 1988
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
John Denver trained with NASA hoping to be the first civilian in space.
1. - a
2. a Silver Coin, the Spanish Dollar
3. Ronald Reagan and Pope John Paul II
4. Pi Day
5. Caveat emptor
6. George W Bush (North Korea, Iran and Iraq)
8. - c
Denver was a board member of the National Space Institute and was awarded
the NASA Public Service medal in 1985 for his work on the 'Citizens In
Space' program. He lobbied hard to be chosen, undergoing the NASA induction
program and making the shortlist, but in the end the decision was made that
it had to be a teacher and Christa McAulife was chosen for the ill-fated
mission. Denver wrote the song "Flying For Me" as a tribute to the
Challenger crew : "Well I guess that you probably know by now I was one who
wanted to fly, I wanted to ride on that arrow of fire right up into
heaven.....She was flying for me, She was flying for everyone"
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi