DID YOU KNOW...
The Livermore Centennial Light Bulb, at Firestation #6, Livermore,
California, USA, has been burning since its installation in 1901. By 2010,
the hand-blown bulb has operated at about 4 watts and has remained 24 hours
a day to provide night illumination of the fire engines.
1. Split Personalities dept; Stanley Kowalski...
2. Linda Ronstadt had a hit with "It's So Easy" - Who recorded the
3. In 1972, the Washington Senators MLB team became the ..........what ?
4. Which world landmark, completed in 1420 and classified as a World
Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1987, consists of 980 buildings totaling 8,886
a. - Buckingham Palace in England
b. - Istana Nural Iman in Brunei
c. - Royal Palace of Madrid in Spain
d. - Forbidden City in China
5. As for the bones of birds and fowl, what's the more common name for the
"Forcula", which translates to "Little Fork" ?
6. Which of the following structures would you not want to have in your
a. - Adenoma
b. - Atria
c. - Amygdala
d. - Adventitia
7. What legendary rock and roller admitted to snorting his father's
cremains in 2007?
a. - Ozzy Osborne
b. - Keith Richards
c. - Alice Cooper
d. - Frank Zappa
8. Which of these world landmarks was the last to be built?
a. - The Parthenon
b. - The Great Wall of China
c. - The Sphinx
d. - The Colosseum
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Bert Lahr’s "Wizard of Oz" Lion Costume Was Made From Real Lion Fur!
1. Marlon Brando
2. Buddy Holly
3. Texas Rangers
4. - d
5. the Wishbone
6. - a
7. - b
8. - d
The costume for the Cowardly Lion is something to behold. If a man and a
lion had a baby, odds are, it would look something like Bert Lahr did in The
Wizard of Oz. This makes even more sense when you realize that a large
portion of Lahr's costume is in fact made from the pelts of real lions. The
look was great but, like the saga of the Tin Man, there were struggles
involved. The costume, and its real lion pelts, weighed almost 50 pounds.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi