DID YOU KNOW...
Worldwide, there are approximately 107 baby boys born for every 100 baby
girls. Scientists believe the elevated birth rate in favor of boys may be
linked to the higher mortality rates of boys in infancy and childhood.
1. Strange Words are These ; OBVIATING ...
a. - the act of dividing by cutting or splitting
b. - the act of removing
c. - the act of indecision
d. - the act of worsening
2. The panda we all know so well is in fact a species known as the Giant
Panda. There is another species of panda, known as the Red Panda, which
resembles which other animal?
a. - Wolverine
b. - Red Fox
c. - Raccoon
d. - Wallaby
3. The phrase 'baker's dozen' is widely used. Which of the following card
games has a variant of that name?
a. - Whist
b. - Canasta
c. - Solitaire
d. - Rummy
4. Which Dutch cheese might appear to be made backwards?
5. Name That Flick !
It's a Hitchcock film, and James Stewart is on the list again! He stars with
Kim Novak, who plays two roles, in which suspense film?
6. Steak au poivre is a steak coated with what spice before cooking?
7. What's the term for the tooth on the rim of gear wheel ? (I thought it
was "tooth" lol )
8. Which of the following has the most bones?
a. - a human baby
b. - an elephant
c. - an adult human
d. - a giraffe
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
In Jaspar County, Missouri in August of 1854, two men were found guilty of
robbery, rape and murder. They were caught and executed, Nothing strange
about that, except they were Burned at the Stake !
1. - b
2. - c
3. - c
8. - a
Two slaves were aware that highly respected Doctor Fisk had recently
received a large sum of money and determined to steal it. Two days later
they enticed the doctor away from the house by claiming someone was sick.
They murdered him, returned to the house and assaulted his wife, then
murdered his two-year-old son, plundered the house and burned it to the
ground. They were caught and chained to two posts, wood was piled up to
their waists and lit. There was very little left to bury.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi