DID YOU KNOW...
DNA studies show that most North American wolves have coyote DNA.
1. If I have a condition known as Dextrocardia , what is my problem ?
2. Which Major League Baseball team has a mascot named Sluggerrr ?
a. - Detroit Tigers
b. - Kansas City Royals
c. - Chicago White Sox
d. - Boston Red sox
3. Four Canopic Jars were placed in a mummy's tomb. Each contained a body
organ... can you name the four organs ?
(Hint; the heart is NOT one of them)
4. What comet was visible to the unaided eye from Earth in 1996-7?
5. In Pro Sports, what is known as flirting with a No-No?
6. In 2001, one famous fake photo was circulated involving a tourist on the
observation deck of a World Trade Center building in New York City. What was
'shopped' into this photo ?
7. which car's badge features a human being eaten by a serpent?
8. What are the three colors on the Italian flag?
(Put them in the correct order from left to right for bonus credit)
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Smoking, particularly cigarette smoking, is almost universally regarded as a
serious danger to one's health. Studies have shown, however, that smoking
may help to prevent Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and other ailments.
1. My Heart is on the right side of my chest
2. - b
3. Stomach, Intestines, Lungs and Liver *
4. Comet Hale-Bopp
5. Close to a no-hitter in baseball
6. A Passenger Plane
7. Alfa Romeo
8. Green, White, Red
Many smoking opponents are outraged when it is claimed that smoking may
actually have some health benefits, but the data are pretty clear that
smoking helps to prevent many neurological diseases. No one seems to know
why, but it may be due to the fact that nicotine stimulates brain activity.
There are even some cancers, such as endometrial cancer and some skin
cancers, that are rarer in smokers than non-smokers. The increased risk of
respiratory diseases and heart disease far outweighs the benefits, however,
and it would be foolish to pretend that smoking is good for you.
* Each jar was associated with the four sons of Horus and had its own
guardian deity. The jar of Duamutef, the jackal, contained the stomach.
Qebehseneuf, the falcon, held the intestines. The lungs were placed in the
jar of Hapi, the baboon, and Imseti, the human, guarded the liver.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi