DID YOU KNOW...
Once there was a traffic jam in China that wasn't untangled for nine days.
1. The French word "pain" translates to what in English?
2. Before it gained independence from Britain, Zimbabwe was named after a
British imperialist and business magnate. Who was it?
3. Calculators out, Please;
What is the Square Root of 3,025 ?
a. - 55
b. - 45
c. - 65
d. - 75
4. Which of the following sentences contains an incorrectly used word?
a. - She made a solemn promise.
b. - There have been great technological advances in the field of
c. - The characters performed the soliloquy.
d. - The haulage trucks pass along the road near my house.
5. The Jerusalem artichoke isn't actually an artichoke, nor is it from
Jerusalem. What type of plant is it?
a. - Sunflower
b. - Philodendron
c. - Rose
d. - Hydrangea
6. Which religious group's name is an anagram of the name Rasputin?
7. Which of the following is not a recognized variant of poker?
a. - Omaha hold 'em
b. - Hawaiian draw
c. - Oxford Stud
d. - Caribbean stud
8. What do the movies "Big Momma's House", "The Rocky Horror Picture Show",
and "Tootsie" have in common?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
In an average lifetime, a person will walk the equivalent of five times
around the equator.
2. Cecil Rhodes
3. - a
4. - c
5. - a
7. - b
8. The male leads dress as women
Doing the math, the average person with the average stride living until 80
will walk a distance of around 110,000 miles. Which is the equivalent of
walking about 5 times around the Earth, right on the equator.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi