"Like 12/7/1941, a day that will live in infamy..."
DID YOU KNOW...
In order to burn off a Supersized Coke, Big Mack and Fries, you'd have to
walk for seven hours straight .
1. The Hollywood Argyles were a one hit wonder doo wop group... can you name
the hit ?
(Hint; Fred Flintstone might know...)
2. What NFL Quarterback was, in his playing days, known as the "Polish Rifle"?
a. - Steve Bartkowski
b. - Ron Jaworski
c. - Jim Dombrowski
d. - Bill Romanowski
3. What character actor got his most famous role (and line) in "Cool Hand Luke", where he played the evil warden who said "What we have here is a failure to communicate" to escapee Paul Newman?
(Hint; S.M )
4. Which of these is NOT recorded as having committed suicide in the Bible?
a. - Saul
b. - Stephen
d. - Zimri
5. Which Germanic tribe, that settled in an area called Gaul, was ruled by Charlemagne?
a. - Visigoths
b. - Saxons
c. - Danes
d. - Franks
6. Quinoa, a highly nutritious ancient grain, originated on what continent ?
7. Not the longest gap ever between a movie and its sequel, but definitely one of the longest gaps where both won Academy Awards, and the first one earned the star a Best Actor nomination, tho' he was not the winner,, and the sequel did win him a Best Actor award ... The years were 1961 and 1987... Can you name the two films ??
(Hint; Eddie Felson)
8. What does 'Homo Sapiens' translate to ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The five boroughs of New York City are all sitting on islands.
1. Alley Oop
2. - b
3. Strother Martin
4. - b
5. - d
6. South America, in the Peruvian Andes
7. ' The Hustler' and 'The Color of Money'
8. 'Wise Man'
The Bronx is New York City's northernmost borough and the only New York City
borough that is part of the United States mainland. Manhattan and Staten
Island are both Islands, and the other two sit on Long Island.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi