NEVER FORGET !!
NYC lost almost 3,000 souls on 9/11..........
and NYC lost over 23,000 souls to COVID-19 since February !
DID YOU KNOW...
An average of 667 million pieces of mail are processed each day by the U.S.
1. The expression "It's Greek to me" means that something is difficult to
understand. William Shakespeare used the expression in which play?
a. - Henry VIII
b. - Julius Caesar
c. - Pericles, Prince of Tyre
d. - Antony and Cleopatra
2. What was TV celebrity Bob Ross's occupation ?
a. - Carpenter
b. - interior decorator
c. - Painter
d. - Athletic Trainer
3. What was the nickname of character played by film great James Garner in
the 1964 blockbuster "The Great Escape"?
a. - the Forger
b. - the Digger
c. - the Lifeguard
d. - the Scrounger
4. Where is the Giant's Causeway ?
a. - England
b. - Scotland
c. - Republic of Ireland
d. - Northern Ireland
5. Pale/pail, peace/piece and pain/pane are good examples of which type of
6. What do Theodore Roosevelt and Franklin Roosevelt have in common?
a. - They were Grandfather and Grandson
b. - They were Cousins
c. - They were Second Cousins
d. - They had the same last name but were unrelated
7. How many countries in the world have land masses in direct contact with
a. - 11
b. - 13
c. - 15
d. - 17
8. Which genre of music has been characterized as "three chords and the
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The first Drive-In Theater opened in 1933, in New Jersey.
1. - b
2. - c (Happy Little Clouds...)
3. - d
4. - d
6. - b
7. - a
The drive-in theater was patented in Camden, New Jersey by chemical company
magnate Richard M. Hollingshead, Jr., whose family owned and operated the
R.M. Hollingshead Corporation chemical plant in Camden. In 1932,
Hollingshead conducted outdoor theater tests in his driveway at 212 Thomas
Avenue in Riverton. After nailing a screen to trees in his backyard, he set
a 1928 Kodak projector on the hood of his car and put a radio behind the
screen, testing different sound levels with his car windows down and up.
Blocks under vehicles in the driveway enabled him to determine the size and
spacing of ramps so all automobiles could have a clear view of the screen.
Hollingshead applied for a patent of his invention on August 6, 1932, and he
was given U.S. Patent 1,909,537 on May 16, 1933.
Hollingshead's drive-in opened in New Jersey June 6, 1933, on Admiral Wilson
Boulevard in Pennsauken Township,.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi