DID YOU KNOW...
Jack Daniels last words; “One more drink, please...” .
1. The Bible tells us that St. Paul was from Tarsus ; Tarsus, now called
Mersin, is located in what country ?
2. Which team is always the last to enter the Olympic stadium for the
3. Which team is always the first to enter the Olympic stadium for the
4. Which of these animals is not part of the Ursidae family?
b. - Sloth bear
c. - Polar bear
d. - Giant panda
5. Who am I?
I was born in Greece around two thousand five hundred years ago and have had
many short tales attributed to me; a majority of which carry a morality
message. Who am I?
6. What actress and singer, known for her role as Alex Russo in the Disney
series "Wizards of Waverly Place", voiced the role of Mavis, the daughter of
Count Dracula in the computer-animated film "Hotel Transylvania" (2012)?
a. - Bridgit Mendler
b. - Taylor Swift
c. - Ariana Grande
d. - Selena Gomez
7. What liquor is traditionally used to make a Manhattan cocktail?
8. Walter Brennan won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor an amazing
three times. For which of these films did he NOT win?
a. - Sergeant York (1941)
b. - Kentucky (1938)
c. - Come and Get It (1936)
d. - The Westerner (1940)
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The French defeated the British at the battle of Agincourt basically because
the English forces had to wade through a sea of mud to reach the French
positions, making them easy targets for the French Bowmen.
2. The Host Country
4. - a
5. I am Aesop
6. - d
7. Rye Whiskey
8. - a
Pretty much the opposite is true...
The English had the Longbow.
The Longbow allowed the archers of Henry's army (who hailed mostly from
England and Wales) to aim at the French knights and dispatch them with great
accuracy and speed. Since the French had to cross a sea of mud in order to
reach the English positions, it was only natural that the force with the
most and better archers would have an advantage. The French lost over 10,000
dead, including many noblemen, while the English suffered only 112 dead and
a number of wounded.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi