DID YOU KNOW...
The moons of mars, Phobos and Deimos, were not discovered until 1877, over
150 years after Jonathan Swift wrote about them in ‘Gulliver’s Travels’...
1. What was the name of the female character created and played by comedian
(Bonus; what was that character's boyfriend called ?)
2. What year saw the end of the American Revolutionary War ?
3. I am the god of war. I have four fire breathing stallions and a dragon.
Who am I?
4. In December of 1971, after 9 months of fighting, the province known as
East Pakistan won its independence from Pakistan with a little help from
their neighbors in India. What name did this nation take for itself?
5. Who sang That ??
"Bus stop, wet day, she's there, I say, 'Please share my umbrella.' Bus
stop, bus goes, she stays, love grows under my umbrella."
a. - Dave Clark five
b. - Kinks
c. - Hollies
d. - Rolling Stones
6. What word, meaning "deceived" comes from a common practice for calming
(Hint 10 letters; begins with 'H' )
7. The Cod Wars of the early 1970s were fishing rights disputes between the
United Kingdom and which island nation ?
8. What is a quadrille?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Croquet was once an Olympic event.
1. Geraldine Jones ("Killer")
5. - c
8. A dance involving eight people.
"Once" is a key word here !
Croquet was an Olympic event at the 1900 Paris Summer Olympics. All ten
athletes who competed (seven men and three women) were French, leading to
of the medals in this event being won by French athletes. 1900 was the first
year when women competed in the Olympics.
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi