DID YOU KNOW...
The oleander is the official flower of the city of Hiroshima because it was
the first to bloom again after the explosion of the atomic bomb in 1945.
1. What country did Madagascar gain independence from in 1960?
a. - USA
b. - Great Britain
c. - Spain
d. - France
2. We know Country Star Harold Jenkins by another name ; what is it ?
3. On what date do we celebrate St. Patrick's Day ?
4. What are we gathering in the 'Sweetwater Roundup' ?
5. Who was the Third man to walk on the moon ?
a. - Alan Shepard
b. - Pete Conrad
c. - Alan Bean
d. - James Irwin
6. What animal known for its colorful face and rump is the world's largest
species of monkey ?
7. The films "Vertigo", "Bullitt", and "The Maltese Falcon" all take place
in which American city?
8. The Bee Gees performed five songs on the 'Saturday Night Fever'
soundtrack ; name three...
(Bonus; Name all five...)
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The chance that a dollar bill contains traces of cocaine is 80 %.
1. - d
2. Conway Twitty
3. March 17
5. - b
7. San Francisco
8. Stayin' Alive - How Deep is Your Love - Night Fever - More Than a Woman -
But not for the reason you think...It’s less shocking a fact than we first
perceive it to be because the underlying assumption — that every bill
bearing traces of cocaine got that way through having been used to inhale
lines of cocaine — is false.
Contrary to our first thought upon encountering this interesting little
fact, that trace amounts of cocaine turn up on approximately four of every
five bills in circulation doesn’t mean the now-contaminated currency was at
one time used to snort coke or passed through the dope-laden paws of seedy
characters. Rather, the drug is easily conveyed from one bill to another
because cocaine in powdered form is extremely fine.
When a cocaine-contaminated bill is processed through a sorting or counting
machine, traces of the drug are easily passed to other bills in the same
batch. ATMs serve to spread tiny amounts of cocaine to nearly all the
currency they distribute, as do the counting machines used in banks and
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi