DID YOU KNOW...
Quakers, such as George Cadbury, amassed a great fortune producing drinking
chocolate as an alternative to alcohol.
1. If you take a Stanford-Binet test, what do your results show ?
2. Medically speaking, what is the opposite of anterior?
3. Can you name the Broadway Show whose main characters were Billy Bigelow
Julie Jordan ?
4. Who played Rose on "Golden Girls"?
a. - Bea Arthur
b. - Betty White
c. - Rue McClanahan
d. - Estelle Getty
5. What makes the planet Uranus appear to be blue?
6. What were the names of the dogs owned by the Bundy family on
7. Before GPS satellites, seafarers relied on celestial navigation. In this
exhibit is a device commonly used in the 18th-20th centuries to measure a
celestial object's altitude (the angular distance between the object and the
horizon), an essential part of navigating by the stars. What is it called?
8. Can you name the four stages in the life of a Tick ?
Hint ; E,L,N,A...
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The most venomous spider in the world is the Brown Recluse Spider.
1. Your IQ
4. - b
5. methane in its atmosphere
6. Buck and Lucky
8. egg, larva, nymph and adult.
The most venomous spider in the world is the Brazilian Wandering Spider, or
the banana spider. This aggressive spider wanders the forest floors of
Central and South America looking for food. Just a small amount of venom is
enough to kill a human.
When a spider’s scientific name is derived from the Greek for murderess
(Phoneutria) you can guess it’s going to be trouble and this is certainly
the case for the wandering spiders. According to Guinness World Records the
Brazilian wandering spider (Phoneutria fera) is officially the world’s most
venomous spider. It is capable of injecting a powerful neurotoxin which is
nearly 20 times more deadly that that of the Black Widow spider if it gets
into the blood stream.
Rounding out the top five are ;
2. - Sydney funnel web
3. - Brown Recluse
4. - Redback / Black Widow Spider
5. - Six-eyed Sand Spider
“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”
― Mahatma Gandhi