Word Association Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you heard/ tasted/cooked Filipino-style Adobo?

Hello members. This is Nancy and I am Filipino. Adobo is my favorite dish to cook, to demo, to teach, to taste, to serve...in fact I am the self-proclaimed "Adoboqueen"...haha.
I would like to know how many have heard of Filipino-style Adobo. It is a way of cooking with an acid , usually vinegar, adding n soy sauce, garlic, bayleaf, and peppercorn.
Thank you very much and I am happy to be a new member of this community.

Hello members. This is Nancy and I am Filipino. Adobo is my favorite dish to cook, to demo, to teach, to taste, to serve...in fact I am the self-proclaimed "Adoboqueen"...haha.
I would like to know how many have heard of Filipino-style Adobo. It is a way of cooking with an acid , usually vinegar, adding n soy sauce, garlic, bayleaf, and peppercorn.
Thank you very much and I am happy to be a new member of this community.
You posted in the wrong place, but who cares? Someone will come along and move it.

I've been making adobo, chicken and pork, since probably before you were born, oh oh ba? Do you fry the chicken first and then braise it in the vinegar mixture, or braise it first, then fry it? Or do you just braise it without any frying? I fry mine first, then braise it, and I usually add a touch of crushed red pepper to the vinegar mixture, too. Now the question is, can you make a decent dinuguan? How many puting lalaki do you know that eat dinuguan?

I went into a Pilipino grocery once, many years ago, looking for dugo ng baboy and started asking the clerk about the longaniza they had on sale, in tagalog. She looked at me as if I had sprouted another head! She asked me, "Pilipino ka?" and I replied "hindi, ako ay Intsik mestiso.":ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Don't worry. Someone will report it and an admin will move it to the proper area, probaly teh New Member Introductions thread, second from the top..

Fleece - Swindle

Last edited:
Thank you fSir Loin fof Beef...(Instsik Mestizo - haha). for the warm post ...I'm very green-raw-new...and I can't even read the neon colored tabs which is why I could not navigate . Let me get a magnifying glass...or is there a way for me to change the color of the green?

Back
Top Bottom