Any TNT Tomato soups out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
Having a soup and salad night this week. Kinda got a little ahead of myself , and bought a bunch of tomatoes. Now I just need a recipe to use them in it. Looking for tomato soup.

larry

Larry, one of my cousins has an Italian restaurant in northern Minnesota and serves a great tomato soup. Here's the recipe but, don't freak out, it's for a restaurant-sized batch. Reduce as you think necessary. You can use it as a guide, too. Enjoy!

COUSIN AMY'S HERB TOMATO CREAM CHEESE SOUP
(Makes about 4 gallons)​

1 lb. butter
4 cups onions, chopped
3 lb. cream cheese, softened
4 cans condensed tomato soup
20 cups cream
4 cups water
2 (15-oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 lb. fresh tomatoes, diced
16 tsp. fresh basil, coarsely chopped
½ cup fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
Salt and white pepper, to taste

In large saucepan or Dutch oven, sweat onions in butter; transfer to stockpot; add cream cheese and blend. Add remaining ingredients and blend thoroughly. Serve hot.

Larry, why not make roasted tomato soup? I love this simple but delicious way to make tomato soup. Click on my blog, Chew On This at the bottom, then click on the link on the right "Winter, an excuse for Comfort Food." The recipe calls for roasted tomatoes and that's very easy to make. The difference is awesome!!

Since you are using fresh tomatoes I vote for the roasted tomato recipe. When it comes to tomato soup I've always been a canned tomato user...fire roasted being my favorite!

Thanks Katie - - I knew they were fresh - I just LOVE roasted fresh tomatoes. I guess my comment about liking fire roasted "canned" tomatoes was confusing. Sowwy!

re
I'll have to look for them here, but I doubt I'll find them.

Make your own roasted tomatoes for several reasons:

1. They're much cheaper than canned
2. You can make as much as you want
3. They taste far better
4. The aroma of roasted tomatoes is unbelievble
5. You can freeze them and have them whever you want
7. In the summer when tomatoes are in season roasted tomatoes rule
6. Did I mention they tasted much better?
7. Tomato soup has a richer, more intense flavor using roasted tomatoes.

re

Make your own roasted tomatoes for several reasons:

1. They're much cheaper than canned
2. You can make as much as you want
3. They taste far better
4. The aroma of roasted tomatoes is unbelievble
5. You can freeze them and have them whever you want
7. In the summer when tomatoes are in season roasted tomatoes rule
6. Did I mention they tasted much better?
7. Tomato soup has a richer, more intense flavor using roasted tomatoes.

I've enjoyed looking around your site - I love the red and black....and the recipes.

DQ, I hadn't seen your site before, but I loved it. Really good things there. Thanks for sharing.

The easiest tomato soup ever.
5 table spoon oil
5 table spoon flour
1 big can of tomato juice (not sure the size, but it's in a big tin in every store) buy the brand you like
Same amount of water (after emptying the juice I just put water in that can)
Salt, pepper to taste.

Optional
1 onion
1-2 carrots
1 parsley root
1 bell pepper
1-2 tomatoes
½ cup noodle
½ cup rice
Few drops of Tabasco or any hot sauce that you might like

Hit up the oil in the pot, stir in the flour, cook for 5 or so minutes, add juice slowly constantly stirring then add the water, bring to a boil let it cook for 5-10 minutes. Done. Now you can add onion and carrots, bell pepper and parsnip, alphabet noodles (for kids) or rice. It is completely up to you. You'll just have to cook a bit longer. Serve with some grill cheese sandwich on the side. Yum.

Can the tomato soup be made ahead of time ( sit a few days in the fridge if necessary) ??

larry

I usually double my recipe and kids eat the whole week. They love it. As the matter of fact one of my daughters that doesn't eat anything (well, almost anything) will eat this soup.

Back
Top Bottom