Chicken and dumplings raw dough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duongz

Assistant Cook
my dumplings is still raw on the inside even after cooking 40 min on high, they are made of flour, half and half or cream, and a little bit of oil and water.

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking [emoji2]

Can you give us the entire recipe? It would be easier to troubleshoot it if we have all the information.

1. the boil the dumplings as stated above
2. i boil the chicken all the way through (meaning no chicken flavor left in the chicken ), i dont like alot of broth flavor in the soup.
3. put some left over broth from the boiled chicken, some of the dumpling water, and good amount of water.
4. salt, onion, half and half or light cream, some flour, pepper, and maybe some oil to step 3.
5. let it reduce until a little under medium thickness
6. add dumplings, let it reduce until medium thickness, turn off heat and add chicken.

no measurements, just eyeing it.

Which kind of dumplings, i.e. little noodle style, or biscuit style?
Quantity of broth, i.e. how many cups?
Quantity, and types of veggies?
Dumpling dough recipe?

This is the info we need in order to help you. I suspect that you are making noodle-style dumplings. These will have a somewhat gummy texture by their nature.

Measurements, and recipes are equally important to technique. Here is a noodle style dumpling recipe that just works. When you are experienced enough, then you can wing it.

1 ¾ cups flour plus extra for dusting
⅓ cup shortening
½ teaspoon baking powder
¾ cup milk
½ teaspoon salt

For better flavor, and less chicken broth flavor in your soup (I believe that's what you stated as a preference), cube the chicken and lightly sauté it until a lightly browned. Remove from heat. The chicken will be tender and juicy. Deglaze the pan with water and put that water into the soup pot. Add veggies, and dumplings. Cover; turn heat to simmer; and cook until tender. Add 1 packet Knox, Unflavored Gelatin to add body (luxurious mouth feel) to he soup. Stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Season with garlic, salt, and pepper. Put soup into serving bowls. Distribute the chicken evenly into the bowls. Enjoy.

Seeeeya: Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom